Why it's so awesome
How the garden started
Behind VEG are Mark and Mike, San Diego natives who have always had a passion for growing veggies and making things simple. The concept behind VEG is to make it easier for people to grow veggies at home. Our vertical garden is called the Hub and was initially conceived in 2012 when we built our first prototype using scrap pieces of PVC piping and wood from Mike's family landscape company. From there we started working with restaurants, chefs, nurseries and homeowners who were drawn to the simplicity of our design.
how it works
Our garden design works on the principles of hydroponics. Water runs continuously through the piping of the garden, collects in a reservoir and is pumped back to the top of the garden. This not only provides the plants with water, nutrients and oxygen but makes watering easy.
Easy to plant
Plant from nursery starter plants or seeds. Planting doesn't require digging or weeding or bending over. Once your plant is planted you can even move it around in your garden and swap places with other plants as they get bigger.
Did we mention we are all about simplicity? Our garden is designed for minimal effort compared to a raised bed. Spend 10 minutes per week and your garden will love you. Add water and nutrients once per week to your reservoir and check for the occasional bug. Relax.
- 20 plant capacity
- Quick planting design
- Hydroponic watering system
- Easy to move
- No weeding and no pests like rabbits
- 4 hours minimum of direct sunlight
- Outdoor electrical outlet
- Only costs a few cents a day to run
You can totally do this
What you can grow
Start your garden
DIY kit and assembled garden come with 1 season of growing supplies.
- Complete how to guide with measurements and instructions
- Spend a weekend, grab some power tools and embrace DIY
- These plans are meant for the true DIYer
- Get links to hard to find hydroponic parts
- Download and print
$389 Free shipping
- Pre-fabricated garden kit
- Assemble in an afternoon and one trip to Home Depot
- Only need a power drill to assemble
- Includes hard to find hydroponic parts
- Comes with DIY plans as well
$699 free installation
- Complete garden ready to grow
- We deliver and install
- Includes everything but water and sunlight
- Choose blue or green
- Takes 15 minutes to install
San Diego ONLY